Thinking About Changing to a New Web Hosting Company? 5 Steps to Plan Ahead for the Move
by Stacy Tabb
Perhaps your web hosting company has a technical support group that never answers their email, or their control panel is difficult to use. Maybe your website has been having more downtime than uptime. Whatever the reason you are thinking of switching hosts, make sure you have your ducks in a row before making the move.
Here are five things to think about as you transition your website:
1. Make sure you have all of your websites information backed up on a disc or cd. This way you can be assured that nothing gets destroyed in the move.
2. Shop around for your new web hosting company. Look to make sure they meet your needs and to make sure that you wont run into any of the problems that you had with your old company. Dont be afraid to email or call them and ask as many questions as you need to ask.
3. Once you have chosen your web hosting company, upload your website (or websites) and check to make sure that everything is working as it should.
4. Change your Domain Name Server so that your web address is now pointing to the website with the new host.
5. Once you are sure that all traffic and email is going to the newly hosted website, you can now cancel your old hosting account. Keep in mind that this can take a few days or more.
About The Author
Stacy Tabb is the publisher of http://www.aa-cheap-web-hosting.com, a website focused on resources for both personal and ebusiness websites to include hosting, templates, domains, personal web pages, and ecommerce hosting.